Brame Park, located at Oakgrove Street and Hogan Lane, is a beautiful 4-acre park donated to the citizens of Bellmead on December 23, 1963, by Mrs. O. N. Brame.
The land is to be used in perpetuity as parkland and has a variety of features for families to enjoy. Younger children can enjoy the playground area or the splash pad, which is open seasonally to the public. The Park also boasts a ¼ mile walking track, basketball court, covered pavilions, picnic grounds, and restrooms.
Brame Park Updates
We are thrilled to share with you the latest developments and improvements taking place at Brame Park. Our dedicated Parks Department has been hard at work, driven by a commitment to create a safe and enjoyable environment for the Bellmead community to cherish. Here's a glimpse of the remarkable progress we've made:
- Refurbished Splashpad
- Vibrantly painted picnic tables (Summer 2023)
- Cleaned, repaired, and repainted Brame sign (doesn't it look great!)
- Vibrantly sanded and painted pavilions 2022
- Refurbished restrooms with a beautiful mural
- new benches and tables installed June 2022
The city is currently seeking to create even more improvements to Brame Park with a Texas Parks and Wildlife grant if funded. The submitted application includes funding for an ADA swingset, jungle gym, spinners, shade for the splashpad, landscaping, lighting and more! We are so excited, we can't wait!
During the hot summer months, children can cool off and have fun by visiting the splash pad which is open from May to September from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Adult supervision is required. Use at your own risk.
- Exercise caution, as surfaces may be slippery when wet.
- No running or climbing on equipment.
- No animals, bicycles, scooters, skates, skateboards, etc.
- Swimwear must be worn at all times.
- No food, drink, or glass containers.