Types of Reports
- Incident Reports - covers things such as burglaries, thefts, criminal mischief, etc.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Reports - Officers have ten days to complete accident investigations - Accident reports are available from the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Calls For Service - includes call notes from Dispatch
Costs for Reports - Per the Attorney General
- Accident Reports - $6 each
- Standard Copy fee - $.10 per page
- Return Receipt - $3.55 + Postage
- DVD - $3 per disc
Personnel Labor Fee (for any request requiring extensive research) - $15 per hour. Please note: additional charges, not listed here, may apply.
Open Records Request Form
Persons who wish to request information are not required to use this form. All requests for information must be received in writing (Texas Government Code, Section 552.301(a)). This form is being provided for the requester's convenience.
There are 3 portions on this form, and they are as follows:
- Public Information Report - If the information that is available to the public is all that is desired, this portion of the form is all that the requester would need to complete.
- Other - If specific documents or other pieces of information are desired, the requester should state specifically in this section which documents or pieces of information they wish to receive (for example, narratives, photographs, statements, etc.)
- Accident Reports - Per Texas Transportation Code Section 550.065, if a requester wishes to receive an accident report, two of the three pieces of information listed in this section (Date of Accident, Location, Driver) must be provided in this section of the request form.
Acceptable Methods for Submitting Requests
The request form should be signed by the requester, providing their printed name, current mailing address, and phone number where the requester can be reached. The form may be submitted in one of several ways, in person at the Bellmead Police Department, via fax at 254-412-7558, via mail to 701 Maxfield Street, Bellmead, TX 76705, or contact via email.
- How can I obtain a copy of a police report in Bellmead?
To obtain a copy of a police report in Bellmead, you typically need to make a request to the City of Bellmead Police Department. The exact process for obtaining a police report may vary, so it's recommended to contact the Police Department's Records Division for specific instructions and any applicable fees.